Dixon Park SLSC has a proud heritage after being founded in 1932 as part of the Northern District Branch which is now known as the Hunter Branch.
The Mission statement of the Dixon Park SLSC is to provide a safe beach and aquatic environment on Dixon Park beach and surrounding areas as well as a healthy environment for members, family and friends to enjoy.
The Objectives of Dixon Park SLSC are to:
- To supply services on Dixon park beach to minimise danger and prevent the loss of life or injury in a beach and aquatic environment.
- To raise the skills and knowledge of surf life savers to meet the needs and changing demands of the community.
- To be recognised as the local authority on matters relating to safety and management of Dixon Park beach and surrounds.
- To provide members with the skills and opportunity to learn and excel at surf sports.
- To provide a social environment that is both safe and friendly to people of all ages and backgrounds.
At Dixon Park SLSC our Values include:
- Respect for all whether members or members of the club or the community.
- Respecting each other and our individual contributions.
- Acting with integrity and honesty.
- Working together as a team.
- Welcoming and embracing our families’ friends and the members of the community.
- Continuing to improve our services to the community and to ourselves.
- Remembering and honouring our history and tradition.
Our Programmes include:
- Lifesaving and Education.
- Surf Sports training and events.
- Members services
- Surf Life Saving Services
- Social and community involvement.
Our clientele includes:
- Our Members.
- The Community.
- Surf Life Saving Australia, NSW and Hunter Branch Surf Life Saving.
- Our fellow Surf Clubs.